Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Swear I Should Get an Offer After This.

I mean really after yesterday! Have I mentioned my house is on the market? With 3 kids (I know Savannah has been gone most of the summer but still!) it is so difficult to keep it "show ready". Ha! I laugh at myself right now because in 4 months it has NOT been in that condition. Not even close!

Well we have had 2 people see it so far and they both said "location is not what they were wanting." Why did I pack up my family and leave for you to look at the house??? Get a map JERKS. I digress.

The wind changed and brought some lookers. Saturday we had someone look at the house. *very posative feedback too :)* So on Monday morning the house wasn't too far from being ready. My realtor let me know in the morning that we would have someone looking at 1:30pm. OK No problem. heh! That wind brought 2 more for a total of 3 showings on Monday! Well Harper had PT at 11am. In our home. While we did this, I shut Cooper in Savannah's CLEAN room... and forgot about him until 12:45. That's right; I was busy.


First I sent April, my realtor (and thankfully very good, very calm friend) this picture of what I found. I don't know if you can make out the sandal and diaper in all that. And apparently he had been keeping a stash from the weekend under her bed.

I'm just gonna tell you the conversation with my realtor at that point.
1pm- 30min till showing
me: (outside and out of breath)- April? I am across the street chasing the dog with a broomstick. He won't come back to the house and has been chasing the neighbors. Did you get the picture?
April: yes. It looks aweful.
me: Well Sara Faith wanted cereal and it's all she would eat so I got it for her while I cleaned up and now she dumped some on her head and threw the bowl and the rest across the dining room. It's everywhere. She and Harper are in there crying, the dog is outta the bushes and is behind that lady's house now and I still gotta get that crap cleaned up and the babies ready. I don't care about the dog..blah, blah...something about not wanting kids anymore..blah..Is there anyway they can give me a little longer?
April: calm down and I will see what I can do.

receive text: showing at 1:45. eek really? OK I can do this.

I walk into the kitchen and find the 3-wick candle I had previously lit and set on the windowsil above the sink, fell, busted and now wax has dripped all down the backsplash and sink mixed in with the busted glass. There's is a knock at my door. me: no shower yet, sweaty, crazy mad and babies still crying in their chairs.

Old dude: Are you missing a dog name Cooper?
me: Well he ran off and won't come back so I hope he enjoys it but I don't have time to fool with him right now.
Old dude: Well I just wanted to let you know I couldn't get him to come to me either but he is on Mastin, headed toward the busy road.
me: I called him, chased him, used a broomstick, Hopefully he will just come put his butt back in the yard by himself but I have to go. thank you.
Old dude: gets back in his van very upset.Truth be told if I had gotten close enough to him at that moment in the bushes, I would have just taken his collar off.
At this point it is 1:10. I call April and cancel the whole thing. Then call my mom and start sobbing. April calls me back and she has worked her magic. (I don't think I really want to know what she said) and everything has been pushed back an hour. My Mom comes right over and gets the babies while I stay and finish cleaning everything up. I pulled out of the driveway at 2:25!
This happened.
April swears I will laugh at this. Not yet but maybe you will.

No comments: