Thursday, September 9, 2010

she still thinks I'm cool so looking back doesn't quite suck yet

I am sitting her with Savannah watching the Auburn/Ms. State game while she is looking at my Jr High yearbooks. This is absolute proof the texting codes/symbols existed long before cell phones. Every note written in the yearbook contained
C-ya,
<3>
2 lovers
+2gether
_______
4ever
BFF, LYLAS, K.I.T, wuz up or down (but with arrows you know..) N-2-M-H
even INVU4URAQT. wow.


Oh and one I can't do on here but it's one big S and three little -orry -o -loppy/hort get it? sorry so sloppy/short. you remember!


So she is reading where people signed my yearbook and it is cracking me up. It's all pretty much the same, "It's been fun in 4th joking on everyone. Hope we get some classes next year. Call me this summer..blah blah blah" well then she reads one from this girl, Frances and it says "wuz up? not much here.." and I'm thinking that she had a baby in 7th grade... there was a whole lot going on there. just sayin'

Ok so here are a couple pictures I literally just snapped from the yearbook because I have no idea how to scan anything for real. And I will just say I planned for it to look all sepia-ish. k? The first was me in 9th grade and this one is 8th grade with my then BFF Mandy! I don't rock ponytails well.


It was fun looking through these mostly because Savannah was getting them out and laughing and well she still thinks I'm cool so looking back doesn't quite suck yet. To be honest though I barely remember these years and so much has happened since. I know I'm not the same person and I hope none of them are either. I'm glad to say I've grown and moved on. School kinda sucked and I wasn't a dork, I don't guess or lonely but I had tough days and there were definitely mean girls. I am glad to not have that pressure although I soemtimes felt like facebook brought some of those feelings back. I know people grow up and get better by 30 but some people don't. When it became evident who those people were that were still stuck in that hiarchy mindset that started back then, I just deleted them. I wish I could have done that in 1995! I love being a grown-up sometimes!
The signatures didn't really mean anything (maybe one day??)
But seriously I wasn't friends with half the people who wrote in it and you can even tell it's just so generic. But one she put the book down and said "Mom!" I looked and this guy Will said "That wasn't me who pulled up your skirt." nice.
So if I typed all this I probably wasn't paying much attention to the game... I did see that Auburn won by 3. I was pulling for Miss State but aren't really invested in either. Roll Tide! I love this time of year!


No comments: