Monday, January 11, 2010

My 4th Child Cooper

Very soon after my last post last spring, we got this little guy. You may remember Maya... and the crazy neighbor? or the milk and raw eggs? how about this? Well the neighbor is still around but Maya learned to climb the fence after several previous attempts to run away. We tried and tried to keep her in but she just didn't want to stay so we let her go. Savannah freaked so we thought we would get a dog that was a little easier to train. Ha! This is Cooper. Our Beagle/birddog. And he is a mess! His adorable face has saved him many times :) He will be 1 Feb 14th and is finally crate trained. I don't let him roam the house alone because he is a little destroyer. But we are hoping he calms down a little one day. Yes he is nuetered. He usually comes when I call and he does get to play in the backyard but it has been too cold lately. Right now he is curled up in the recliner with me. Looking at him it is hard to belive all the mischief he gets into but OH does he! You see our lovely banister railing in the picture at the top of my blog? We have to take it down and completely re-build it. Thanks Coop! Also countless shoes, pillows, leashes (we have none left), cushions , rugs. He even tore down one of the boards to our privacy fence! The doberman behind our yard makes sure he stays in HIS yard though:) The sad part is, he loves sleeping on something soft. He fluffs a pillow before he lies down on it and whines at night for something soft in his crate (he has DESTROYED anything we put in it.) People say give him bones. He eats through those and ropes/chewtoys as fast as if they were cheetos, then starts on other things. For his Christmas present, I bought him a $30 crate cushion and a bottle of Bitter Yucky. I sprayed half the bottle on that cushion and couldn't put my hand NEAR my mouth for days! It was terrible! However he had shreaded his new chew toys and that cushion by that afternoon. ugh. I really thought I had it beat. But he is sweeeet and gentle and just loves me and my babies! Sara Faith will reach in and grab his food to hand feed him while he is eating and he doesn't mind it. He loves her because she is always dropping food :) This was a facebook status to day and it made me laugh:

Lisa is watching Cooper lick (kiss) Sara Faith to death. She just finished her granola snack and she is giggling and loving it. I don't know how to tell her he is just using her for her crumbs.

No comments: