Friday, October 31, 2008

She's back! And I made her cry?

The ever good-intentioned neighbor thought of Maya while she was at Petco. Awe! Deep sarcasm. I do not understand her. OK This morning I was unloading groceries and Sara Faith from the car after dropping off Savannah at school. I could hear the loud pitched voice belonging to one Mrs. G apparently yacking away at Maya about something. Blah blah blah I just rolled my eyes. I went outside and brought Maya in to eat breakfast when I saw a figure walking up my driveway towards the gate. hmm. I met her as she rounded the corner. "Can I help you Mrs. G?" Caught offguard and throwing her hands behind her back, she says, "Oh no, um is it alright if I go play with Maya for a minute?" and then this happened
LISA She is in the house eating right now.
MRS G She is ?
LISA Yes.
MRS G Maya?
LISA Yes.
MRS G. Maya the dog?
LISA The only Maya I know.
MRS G. OK well (slowly revealing a dog collar) I was at the store and I thought Maya could use this if she were maybe outgrowing hers.
LISA huh???? she actually has a collar that fits her just fine. Pirt can fit his whole hand under the, stop- pause-thinking, my dogs collar is just fine! G I take good care of my dog, you know and Im about tired of you undermining us with your non-sense!
MRS G. (tearing up) Oh no I dont mean it like that it's just, I know you have a new baby and all and well a dog is a big responsibility (I can already feel my neck getting hot..anyone been there?) anyways just think of me like an aunt!
LISA First of all that is how it is coming across. Second, my availability to this dog is none of your concern, and third, I have an aunt and she has yet to tell me I have outgrown anything and has already bought me a replacement. You are the nosy neighbor.

She left (without her collar She handed it to me when I was at the huh?? part.)

Well it ended. It ended. Maybe that will be the last of that crap but I have a feeling she'll think we've given her the wrong dog food and be back for more.

No comments: