Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall Fun

We have been busy little bees around my house! So many things going on at my house and I have been doing a bad job of writing about it. It mostly involes getting ready for fall, and attending (and hosting) some events. As of right now the baby is a little stuffy so she is not sleeping well which means I am up at 12:21 writing this! Forgive me if I fall asleep writing it and do not make sense. Fall Festival at school is where I think I left off. They had all the big blow-up Jumping activities and games. It actually was a lot of fun. I had been dreading it because I had the baby with me and I just knew it would be hot but the weather was nice. I had duty at the jousting booth and here is a picture of Savannah putting a good whooping on this little boy. Yes I know she was much bigger than him but he made such a stink having to go against a girl that it was too funny. All the kids were hilarious and Sara Faith just slept the entire time in her stroller except right at the end when she wanted to be held. I abliged of coarse :) I had done so well avoiding the bake sale booth. I had visions of me and a rolling cart full of cakes and brownies and cupcakes and homemade pies trying to manage my 1st grader and the stroller back to the car so I thought it best to just stay away but then they announced 1/2 off and I was a gonner! But I didnt too as bad as I had imagined, especially since by the end the pickings where slim. We actually ended up going home with a just plate full of brownies - only $3! The next weekend was the annual halloween pumkin carving that a couple from church do every year. This was our first time going actually and Im glad we did. I think michael enjoyed it the most! The pumkins were awesome and soo creative! There was even one with the Alabama 'A' on it. Roll Tide! Ours was simple and ghostly :) Here is a pic of Savannah with it. I think she really liked that cat though! We will definitely be going again! I decorated a little for fall so far and love the results.




We had a new house project 2 Saturdays ago. On a whim I wanted to add a wood railing to the front porch. Michael and a friend built it (I did help sand :) and i painted it. Finding the exact color paint as the existing facia boards was difficult but I finally did at Home Depot. We were done building by Sat afternoon and painting by Sunday night! i LOVE IT!!! Next we will do a matching hand railing down the adjasent steps. Our front porch steps are 80 years old and very spaced apart so it is only a matter of time before I get sued by the mailman!!!
The highlight of the last two weeks was having some friends over for the Alabama/Tennessee game. Michael cooked on the grill and I thought it was a lot of fun. My sister and cousin came and a few couples from church. We have other couples we hang out with but this was the first time this particular group had ever been over here. No particular reason why that is but it was good to do something different. Pirt (the planner) was freaking out the whole week prior worrying that everything was just perfect. Oh and the Trunk or Treat at church Sunday night was just precious! Savannah was "Vannah Montana"! Yes those are black lace gloves with the fingertips cut out she is wearing. She wanted to add her own personal touch. :) Sweet little Sara Faith was a pink poodle I thought it was a lamb originally but my sister pointed out the difference. Hahaha! We do not go door-to-door anymore. Previous years we used to just go to my parents and families but really I just dont like the idea of trick-or-treating anymore. It doesnt make much sense these days. And somewhere there is always a fall festival or zoo-boo going on:)

No comments: