Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catching Up

We had a good weekend, although pirt worked everyday and it was basically uneventful. Friday night we dropped Savannah off with her Dad and then went home and just watched TV. Sat I took the baby to my dad's and she was introduced to the horses for the first time. It was sweet. I love seeing her try new things. That is my sister, Shirley helping her pet Buddy. The horse only co-operated for a minute so I didn't catch a picture with her face reaction, but she loved it! We have a big dog, maya and Sara faith is used to her so she wasn't scared at all.
Savannah rides some; more at her MiMi's than at my dad's but she absolutely loves it. Her 6th bday party was a cowgirl party at my dad's. it was just perfect. We will have to be creative to top it for her 7th ;)Sat night we, of coarse, watched football. Alabama was not playing but we watched Florida cream LSU. We were actually pulling for LSU because they are undefeated so if AL beats them it would mean more and if they lost to them it wouldnt look SO bad:) Pirt made ribs. He is trying to perfect them. They were good but he was not totally happy:) Maybe next time.
Sara faith was very good in church Sunday. She sat with my mom (Nana). Savannah always sat with her. It was her favorite thing about going to church when she was smaller. Since Nana has been having some health issues she hasnt always been able to come so it has been nice for Sara Faith to get the same opportunity to bond with her. We brought her "bumbo seat" to sit in. they like for the little babies to have them because it makes it easier for them to be included in the activities. How cute is this? We just bought the tray that goes with it so that should make it even better. There is another baby right now using one too. We are meeting at a University building in town right now, as we have sold the old church building and are waiting on the new one to be completed. i believe the move in date will be the beginning of Nov. I cannot wait! I know that doesnt matter in the scheme of things but it will be so nice to have pews again and really be in OUR church home again! It is mazing what we take for granted but it does make a difference especially when you have a screaming baby and no nursery to take her to. We lost quite a few members when we were at the old building for different reasons but I know one was that the location had become undesireable so I am also looking foward to the church growing again.
Savannah comes home this afternoon. I am excited to hear about her weekend. I enjoy her weekends with her father because there is a bit of a break and I know she has a good time but I do miss her. Her dad took her to the fair so it was nice not to have to go this year. I do actually enjoy it a lot...they have made it so expensive though. blah blah blah! I could ramble all day but I have to go finish some errands before I go get Savannah. Pirt usually does all that with me on Sundays but he has to work today. I still dont understand why they couldnt wait till tomorrow. It seems that ever since he got the company truck (hallelujah!) they have really pushed him more. It will be two weeks with no off day:( He doesnt mind though so I guess I will deal with it.

No comments: