Monday, December 15, 2008

BooMamas Tour of Homes

It's the most wonderful time of the year! And we are ready! The only thing missing is the wreath on the front door. Maybe I am too picky but I just can't find THE ONE. I still have a little time left so we'll see. But today is the day for the BooMamas Tour of Homes. They are not waiting on me to find a wreath :) This is an annual post she does on her blog where people showcase their Christmas decorations. Let's begin...

First I will say that we were pretty simple this year. We have Sara Faith and Savannah's on the left and Mom and Dad on the right. We had a fireplace growing up so I never really asked about it but my husband didn't. So when Savannah asked how he would get in with the screen right there, My husband just said you know he can get in anywhere. Savannah said "Magic!" Michael said his parents just told him they would leave the door unlocked!I think the tree looks a little smaller in this picture but we raelly enjoyed decorating it with company over. No eggnog this year though:) I confess a few of the boxes under the tree are empty. I spray painted and decorated them. I hate how empty it looks under the tree after Christmas morning. The sign says, "This house believes in Santa."
Simple, again in the dining room. I hope you enjoyed our decorations!Go on over to Boomamas and take a look at all those amazing homes. Hopefully mine will be that detailed one day ;)

8 comments:

GinSpaghetti said...

So pretty, thanks for sharing :)

Maria said...

What a gorgeous tree! And "fake" gifts? Hmm. Might be the compromise to The Little Man's insistence on being into everything and my sadness "that the under the tree looks so empty"! Thank you for sharing! Have a blessed Christmas.

Connie said...

Love your dining room table and your simplicity. Connie

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're all ready for Santa's visit! Thanks for sharing with us.

Merry Christmas!

Allison said...

Your house is lovely! Thanks for stopping by my home tour, too! Also, cute blog design.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Your home is beautiful and I think the colors on your tree are so nice! Thanks for sharing your home with all of us!
Merry Christmas!

Sarah Joy said...

They have magic Santa keys for your problem! I'm not sure where my Mom got them, but each house with grandchild received one this year. It's a big old fashioned silver key, in a special box with a riddle about how if you hang it on your front door, only Santa will be able to get in using it. It's adorable, and the grandkids love it!

Angie said...

So pretty, I love that big bow tree topper you have...and the fake gifts under the tree, so smart!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!