Thursday, August 12, 2010

grab and go; a quick trip

I love my kiddos. I love being their mom. They are precious. Here is a picture to show how precious they are:





(do you know how hard it is to get small kids to take a picture and actually get a decent one out of 50 shots?)









NOW that being said. I need a can of crescent rolls. That's it. One can. They are at the grocery store. So easy to find and so convenient. However, I can't just go. I want to put on my jeans, throw on a hat, grab my keys and go for a quick trip. But Mom's of little ones can't do that. I would have to check diapers, dress baby, feed baby check inventory of diaper bag --- x2.


yes this stuff gets done during the day anyway, but not all in one swoop to go get a crescent roll. And you have to do all this for 2 reasons:

  1. Your trip for crescent rolls will turn into a "squeeze as many errands in as possible" trip.

  2. There is no way you do all that work just for a can of crescent rolls. You will make a list since you are going to be "out" and it's such a big deal. Then might as well knock out anything else because once you are back home you aren't going to want to do it again for a couple days. Sometimes in the mornings when I get back from taking Savannah to school I sit in the driveway and do a runthrough.

My head: Anything I need? I could leave them in their seats (with AC, duh) and run in and grab the diaperbag and a few things since they are already in there because once I get them unloaded I will not want to load them back up and get all prepared. Which is where I am right now, needing crescent rolls and not wanting the hassle. Just grab and go; a quick trip.

P.S. some of us do have awesome family/friends that will come over and sit with the babes so we can do errands misery-free. For me it is usually my MIL---Thank you Deb!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll totally babysit for the day.