Thursday, August 26, 2010

She is the person she will be.

I tried to set up my phone for mobile blogging yesterday but I can't send pictures. Who wants to read anything that doesn't have pictures?? Not me. I will hopefully figure it out. I used to be able to do it but they change their HTML or something and now I am out of the loop. Boo.



Pretty soon Savannah will help me with electronics. The only good thing about babies getting older.


Actually I do look foward to her getting older. I look foward to conversations with her as an adult. I'm not wishing time away or anything but I am excited about all things Savannah. She is at an age right now that might very well be my all-time favorite. She loves her mom and is not too cool for me. She still wants to be tucked in at night but can get up and get herself ready in the mornings. She has intelligent opinions and is so cute and conversational and I L-O-V-E that laugh! She is a different kind of cute than when she was little. A new cute. She giggles at appropriate things like something she read or figured out, not just the silliness small kids come up with like " that dog has an alligator tail" (she said that once when she was 4 and cracked herself up :) She is compassionate and has a great sense of self. She has a very real sense of right/wrong and takes responsibility for decisions she has made. I am loving this particular 8 year old at my house. She has started to become the person she will be. When you are pregnant or have a small baby, you wonder what or who they will be. I get these glimpses of her as an individual and I melt.
  • She is not the bully; she is the comforter.
  • She is sensative and takes everything to heart.
  • She is creative in many ways.
  • She is sweet. I mean very sweet. She wants everyone around her to be happy or she isn't.
  • She loves music. In a way I never did.
  • She is a caretaker/very nurturing.
  • She has no problem getting in front of a crowd. Actually she loves it.
  • She is smart. Dangerously smart. Keep this girl occupied kind of smart.
  • She is driven. She wants so much out of life and can't settle on one thing. "I can't choose, Momma. I want to do them all!"
  • When she grows up she wants to be a chef, masseuse, teacher, vet, lawyer (the last 3 are new as of third grade. She says she is thinking the other 2 are hobbies)

Savannah always wanted to be a sister. Literally. She told me regularly and named the kids she knew who had siblings. She took her many dolls with her and I remember this lady said "Oh, aren't you a sweet mommy?" She quickly responded, "No, these are my mom's. I'm the sister. no responsibility." She named those dolls and I remember telling her if she was going say they were all mine, she had to stop giving each baby a different last name.

Even the kids she knows now that are only children, she feels bad for them. As an only child for 6 years, we wondered how she would do when Sara Faith was in the picture. When she was born, of coarse it was easy. She was a baby and it was exciting and new. Now two and a half years later, I can say she is the best big sister and these girls have filled a whole in her little heart. She is so gentle and kind. She plays with Sara Faith and feeds Harper. She grumps at me when I ask her to do things but NEVER if it is doing something for them. She is so proud of them. She wants everyone to see them and know they are her sisters. She thinks they are "so sweet--- awe Mommy, did you see her? How CUTE!" She ask me everynight if SF can sleep with her. When Sara Faith bites (we are working on that), she doesn't get mad at her, she turns to me to correct the issue. But I can't be too hard on her now because her big sister won't have that ;) I love my VannahBean/FunnyBunny!

big sister- protecter, confidant, friend.




No comments: