Friday, August 6, 2010

Let's talk about Boobs.

I warned you about the subject so it's your fault if you're offended or a grossed-out relative. Just know that.

Wednesday I ran so many errands with my girls. So many. The kind that put you in a bad mood and you say NO to everything your kids ask you without really listening to the questions. Not to mention the temps were in the 100s. This was earlier in the day and when I got home I go straight to take a shower--So sweattty!! gross! and Savannah had her 3rd grade orientation that night. I look in the mirror and my cute pink shirt had.. a.. oreo handprint right on the boob. If you have kids there will be many moments like this. Accept it . I have. I remember giving her that bribe cookie 3 stores before that moment and it explained a lot of stares that I credited to my cute pink shirt :(

So by the afternoon I have been chasing kids and the dog and tripping over messes, burning dinner.. you know.. my life. I realize I am running late as I crack open the diet coke and rush to my vanity to blow-dry. I try to drink while doing this and it didn't work out too well. Of coarse I was wearing a white shirt and might be kicked out of the PTA for the "design" the coke left on my chest.

change, turn around, hear a scream and a cry... diet coke is missing.

SF has apparently taken it while I was changing and now she has spilled the whole thing down her freshly washed and ironed (I never do that!) outfit. And it's time to go. I drop her and a change of clothes at my Mom's and S and I head to school.

After church that night I am talking to a friend and my toddler wants to roll on the rug and I don't so I am holding her, she is crying and pulling my shirt WAY down. I didn't even realize it until my friend said "Oh, My Will does that all the time." If she is reading I apologize. That is quite an eyefull.

I will say after children I just don't get embarrassed anymore. I was the most modest kid EVER! I couldn't change in front of my sisters. One of which preferred to walk around in her skivies. I don't think she ever used her door. It was your problem if you had a problem with that. And I usually did. In college I used to drive home at lunch to go to the bathroom. In highschool I couldn't but I held it! Then something happened. I had a baby. And another. And another. One day I want my bathroom time back. One day I will get to go potty alone. And take a shower alone. I JUST know it.

I have talked enough about that. Almost. When I was a teen I had a regular babysitting job at my neighbors. I loved their girls and will always remember them and that time with them. One day I was rolling around on the floor with Gina and she looked at my boobs and said "Why do you got those big bones?" ha!!!!! I was quite blessed and her mom was admittedly F-L-A-T (even though her hubs was a plastic surgeon) so when I laughed and told her about it she said it must have really been confusing for her.. Then she said during a trip to the grocery store she had on a padded bra and noticed people staring so she looked down to find Gina double palming and squeezing them! She had no idea. Love it.

No comments: